"No American woman, let her speak all the tongues, and play on all the instruments invented,
can be said to be educated, if she is not a good needle-woman."
-Catharine Maria Sedgwick

Monday, November 14, 2011

Feeling Lucky

What a magical weekend! My dear friends Elizabeth Newlin, Marsha Worley, and Ruth Sparrow were here at my home. SUCH a treat! We spent several days planning and working on Trilogy designs for the coming year. It has been several years since we have been able to arrange to be together for a weekend designing retreat. So this was long anticipated. Skype just isn't the same as seeing each other in person.

This photograph is from the airport reunion when I picked the girls up on Thursday. EEK we were giddy with the delight of being together again...can you tell from the picture?!?! That's Marsha on the far left, taxi-driver me, Elizabeth, and Ruth on the far right. (Did I mention Henry Winkler arrived in Cincinnati at the same time as the Trilogy gals? I thought I was seeing things!)

We were very productive in our quest to get a lot of Trilogy designing done. I can't divulge too much, but suffice it to say there are bees buzzing, birds chirping, love stories and neighborhood tableaux in the offing!

Saturday was my birthday and it was a great blessing to be able to spend it with these friends. We took a break from designing and went out for dinner to a restaurant that looks over Cincinnati. The food was fabulous, the view from our window-side table exquisite and the friendship unmatched. A treasure of a birthday for me. I will remember it for many years. Here's a picture of our view from the restaurant.

We stayed up too late, giggled about the silliest of things, reminisced about our years of friendship, shared stories about our families, worked hard designing, and shed a few tears over the great love we have for one another. Feeling lucky today. So very lucky.